The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Monday, June 21, 2004

Haven't Come Down

Milwaukee Admirals, Calder Cup Champions.

Still getting used to those words.

The only thing that's been slowly bringing me down to earth (besides the tons of junk mail I've been getting from the Kerry campaign... oops, I mean AFSCME) is the realization that there probably won't be a 2004-05 NHL season.

There will be a 2004-05 AHL season, though - the league extended its contract with the PHPA through 2007. So we'll be able to defend that Calder Cup championship.

But.

I have this bad feeling that this will be the first year in about five that I may not be going down to Nashville for an NHL road trip.

Of course, that's not the only thing I have a bad feeling about, but that's another post...