The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wunna Dem Days

Isn't it nice when medical companies send you love letters? After my little back issues from last July, I got a piece of mail yesterday informing me that I was on the hook for the medications I was given after the doctor's office. After playing phone tag and "press 00 if you want to increase your chances of talking to a real, live person", I finally got the bill paid off - so I can now submit it to my insurance for reimbursement.

That "reimbursement" will be $50 less, because that would have been the cost of the meds if I had purchased them through my formulary prescription plan last year. But at least I'm going to get something back for it.

That wasn't the kick in the head today, though. Since it was still considered a new car the last two times I renewed the plates on my PT Cruiser, this was the first year I had to take my Chrysler in for an emissions test. It passed the engine computer test fine. However, when it came to the gas tank test... it failed.

I was incredulous when the guy brought it out to me. I've never owned a car that failed emissions - granted, Wisconsin's Vehicle Inspection Program has only been around for about 15 years or so, and most of my cars in that period of time have been bought new. But a car that was still under warranty and less than three years off the showroom floor?

So I trundled on over to the dealer, got the gas cap replaced gratis, and went back to the VIP place. Bad news - line was over a half-hour long. No way I was going to wait that long and risk falling asleep in my car.