The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Some thoughts as we kick things off:
- Strange that the Cardinals chose to defer their choice to the second half.
- Lot of Kurt Warner love there in the pre-game.
- How many times are we going to see the virtual Lombardi Trophy before the end of the game? Over-under is 50.
- Papa John's Pizza is breathing a sigh of relief after that knockdown on the kickoff return.
- BIG play by Ward. Oops.
- Oh, by the way, the Predators won 2-1 in Edmonton. Rinne saved 32 of 33.
- Cardinals appear to be taking chances on defense. I don't think they want to get into a shootout with the Steelers.
- Uh oh. Roethlisberger with the sneak for the TD. Wait a minute - challenging? This early?
- Wow. This has got to be a moral victory for the Cardinals to hold Pittsburgh to a FG. Teams that score first on a FG haven't won as often as they have with a TD.