The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Strange things

Am I the only one who's been noticing a distinct slowdown in net traffic from about 5:00 to 6:30 AM CDT?

Seems like a lot of the websites I've tried to log into during that approximate time period have either not completely loaded or have hung trying to load.

I'd blame my ISP, but I don't think it's their fault. And besides, they chopped my cable bill for this month, so I shouldn't complain (LOL).

Anyways, I have now done two things that I never thought I'd ever do: completely wipe and restore two computers that I bought within seven months of each other. Of course, those seven months were back in 1999, so that needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

It's something strange to go through the process of restoring a computer. You get used to how a computer starts up for you, and with a few clicks and whirrs of a CD drive, you're back to where you started when you bought it.

Okay, maybe not exactly when I bought it - one of the computers was an original tangerine iBook. I restored it to system 9.0 (after restoring the thing to the original 8.6 that it came with).

Still, it's funny when you're taking a computer that was yours for so long and just wiping everything out and starting over. It's an experience.