The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Thursday, April 14, 2005
My little jaunt to Las Vegas was a non-plussed time. Here's a sample
- The flight was late coming in and leaving - and we got a two double bed room instead of a King bed.
- I woke up Monday morning with a very sore throat. Not sure if it was the pollen left from the lovely Spring in Vegas, or if it was someone who gave me a cold in Sin City - but I'm still gulping down sudafed.
- We decided to listen to a sales pitch regarding a time-share in Vegas. It was a hard sell, but we had our minds made up (NO) beforehand. And we got $50.
- Once we got the voucher for $50, we took $10 and put it in a machine at the Four Queens. And it hit big cash. Not jackpot, but a lot of smaller amounts (relatively speaking). You walk out with more than you walked in with - a LOT more - and you're definitiely up.
- I actually got to hit two of the top 10 values of Las Vegas according to the Las Vegas Advisor. The 99-cent shrimp at the Golden Gate's snack bar, and the $4.95 complete steak dinner at Ellis Island Casino.
- We got to the airport early, and actually got to Phoenix early.
Now comes the fun part -driving home to Wisconsin...