The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Katrina, Shmatrina

All of a sudden, I have had a taste of what it's like to live in New Orleans.

A very sudden, very severe storm blew through my part of Waukesha County yesterday around 6:00 PM local, and the power went out almost immediately. Apparently, we had some straight-line winds that knocked out power lines and downed trees.

A very large branch broke off from one of the trees behind my house and plopped down on the sidewalk back to our parking lot. Thankfully, it didn't hit anything.

Unfortunately, I'm still without power. This means I'm typing this up on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.

WE Energies is NOT on my favorite company list at the moment.

However, for some reason I have a taste for jambalaya, gumbo and some old-time jazz...