The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Another Nashville Moment

After the game on Wednesday, something happened that I really have to share – it almost makes Paul Kariya's first game as a Predator anti-climactic.

For years upon years, there has been one Predators fan that I have been absolutely dying to meet.

She's the lady I had a crush on as a teenager, and I've always enjoyed her music.

That person is Amy Grant.

During the game, the Predators occasionally put celebrities up on the jumbotron, and they did that with her husband, Vince Gill.

Right as he was put up on the screen, she planted a big juicy one on him, to the roar of the crowd.

Well, after the game, we're waiting to head downstairs to the autograph area, and who should come waltzing around to head down to their cars but Amy and Vince.

So, what witty thing do I say to her, the first time I get a chance?

"Nice kiss, Amy."

She had that smile on her face when I said it, but she was more concerned about getting back to their car.

I did take the opportunity to get her autograph – kids, that one will be more treasured than the PK signature.

Almost.