The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Wondering About My Space

Trying to maintain my "hip" image in this Internet Universe, I recently put up my own "My Space" page. I've yet to understand what's so great about this whole thing; basically, there's not much for you to do if you're over the age of 29 and aren't single or don't have kids.

It's a good way of getting to know people, but I don't think it's much more than that.

There's been all sorts of stuff in the news lately about the site; from the number of sex offenders who've been using the place as a means of meeting potential victims, to the college that has banned access to the site (Del Mar Community College in Texas). It's getting a bad rap - one that may send it along the same path that Napster took many years ago.

Of course, I'm dating myself with that comment...