The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hogs and Kitsches

It's Wednesday, and there is a distinct "roar" in the air around SE Wisconsin. It's not completely unusual to see a lot of motorcycles around the area during the summer, but there is a definite increase in the ratio of bikes-to-cars on the roads and freeways. That and the various signs that businesses have about "Welcome Harley Riders" and such, and you know this is going to be one of those weekends.

Of course, I'm not a biker (of the powered kind), so this isn't my cup of tea. I just don't get the big deal - are we going to have to suffer through this every five years, now?

Side note: back in the old days, before I had a driver's license, I had a moped that I used to tool around my condo complex. A 1978 AMF Roadster moped. Back in 1978, AMF was the parent company of the bikes that made all this roar I'll be hearing this weekend. So yes, I once owned and rode a Harley. Not legally, though (no comment about the time the officer pulled me over in the condo complex).