The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, December 30, 2012
We've got less than 32 hours to go in 2012. Some thoughts as the clock ticks down:
- I know, I'm getting greedy, given that I've already won my public league title, but dangitall, I wanna WIN my private league championship (the Not Quite Ready For Prime Time Football League, now in its 12th consecutive season). I did win the league title back in '03, but I'm hungry for a second one. Unfortunately, the Packers are not helping at the present time.
- The arguments over the "fiscal cliff" political discussion is strangely like that of the NHL lockout. I don't have any optimism that either issue will be resolved any time soon. I've got my thoughts on possible endgame scenarios with the NHL/NHLPA battle, but I don't foresee any of them resulting in hockey being played before this time in 2013.
- As much as I would love Wisconsin to win the Rose Bowl under Alvarez, I have no thoughts that it's actually going to happen. Stanford has a team that is just that much better than Monte and the boys.
- I've said it before, and I'll say it again - all I really want to see in Merrill is an Aldi's, a Starbucks, maybe a Pick 'n Save, and a bank or credit union that has an ATM that accepts deposits. And that'll happen two days after I either retire or leave this county.
- It'd be a nice change of pace if I went in to work tomorrow night and things were quiet. Just sayin'.
- I've had my fill of snow for the winter. If it didn't snow any more this winter - or did nothing more than the little "dustings" we've had the last week or so - I think I could live with that. Of course, this being Wisconsin (and this being north central Wisconsin, to boot), it ain't gonna happen.