The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Monday, July 12, 2004

iBooked

I am officially back in the world of the Apple.

Back on the first, I traded in my old Tangerine iBook for a new iBook G4, courtesy of CompUSA. I have since discovered that most of my apps that worked on my old iBook are now Abandonware under Panther (OS X.13).

It's not a huge thing, but there were some docs that I had that I have carried with me from my old SE days. It's like a security blanket, in a way.

Overall, I'm not doing backflips about OS X at the moment. There are some neat things that I wish would be available over in the Windoze world, but there are other things that I could do without (the metallic toolbars, the "gumdrops," and the Dock bar, to name a few). It is a nice alternative to Windows, though.

Now if I can only figure out how to make SuperPaint work on here...