The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Saturday, February 05, 2005
- I really can't go against the Patriots in the game Sunday, but if the Eagles manage to win, it'll be by the skins of their teeth. The Pats are just too good, though.
- So it's the "Rogers Centre" now, hey? I wonder how long it'll be before anyone else South of the border realizes they changed the name of the SkyDome.
- The Brewers have announced that they are raising ticket prices for their games this year against the Cubs and Yankees by anywhere from $3 to $9, depending on the location of the tickets. On the one hand, I don't fault them for doing this. On the other hand, isn't this something that would discourage people from coming out to the ballpark?
- Did anyone else have the same thought when they heard of Sammy Sosa's trade to the Orioles? I just couldn't help thinking, "boy, they've finally found that star hitter they lost when Albert Belle retired..."
- I finally booked my spring trip out West - and this time, we're not just going to Phoenix. The wife and I are taking a three-night swing out to Vegas, baby. Too bad that we can't stay at the hotel where we spent our honeymoon - the Hacienda was blown up several years ago to make way for Mandalay Bay.