The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Thursday, May 19, 2005
- Congrats to Mr. Turer for getting the AHL to vote him in as the new blood of the Admirals. Go get that Due Diligence done and sign the checks over.
- Wouldn't it be funny, speaking of hockey, if just as ESPN is set to tell Bettman that their deal is off for '05-06, he announces "lockout's over, we're making progress towards a deal, we'll continue working under the old contract until we get this done." It'd be almost comical to watch.
- Hopefully, Bob Goodenow will be able to tell Billy Hunter, "Watch that first step off the edge of the abyss, it's a doozy." And Bettman will tell his former boss likewise.
- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought last week's CSI:LV episode stunk. Television Without Pity's reviewer spent more time analyzing minutae than she did actually relating the episode.
- Oh, sure, now Jeffrey Hammonds comes through in the clutch. WHERE WERE YOU FOUR YEARS AGO? We better salvage a split from these guys today.
- Yes, I actually am bidding on a Machester United "kit" - albeit an older one, with Beckham's old number 7 on it. Figure, what the heck? I can really tick off those people on the other side of the Atlantic. They deserve it for inflicting a certain ex-witch... er, I mean ex-wife on a friend of mine.
- Slowly, I am increasing my sports card collection. I now have a single card from every single season of NHL hockey since 1991. The rest of my "lost year", the 2001-02 season, will be arriving soon in bundles. I ordered all of the Nashville Predators cards from the Upper Deck Victory set from that year. Tomas The World Beater was the first card that arrived. Somewhat appropriate.
- Time to go beddy-bye. Sometimes working third shift has its bad side, but when it's rainy and cold out, it's somewhat heartening to know that you're going to bed while the rest of the world wishes it was back in bed.