The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, May 22, 2005
- I'm still waiting for that deal to finally get done. At least the players and owners have finally agreed on the fact that the sport's losing money.
- Can someone please tell congress to get the heck away from legislating penalties for drug use in professional sports? They've got a really bad track record when it comes to sticking their nose in the private sector.
- A small note to the people behind United Not For Sale: GET OVER IT. Glazer's not evil incarnate. You're being two faced over all of it. In the real world, there's only one team that can be owned by the fans, and it's about 120-some-odd miles due north of my location. Everyone else needs a sugar daddy.
- Once again, the Preakness shatters dreams of a Triple Crown winner. Though, I must admit, that was a pretty good piece of jockeying for Jeremy Rose, basically pulling Afleet Alex up from a tumble and chasing down the horse that knocked him down, Scrappy T, and winning the race. I've read in the AP report that usually such maneuvers end up as rolls - which end up with a dramatically hurt jockey and a dead horse.
- When is Ben Sheets coming back off the DL again? These guys are really missing him and Davis being our one-two punch in the rotation.