The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
On with the countdown:
- Ever just have a craving for something that you normally can't get without doing something elaborate? That's me and Midwest Airlines' famous chocolate chip cookies. Fortunately, they sell those things now at the Bradley Center (much to my dietitian's chagrin, I would suspect). Is it wrong to want to fly on Midwest just so you can get your paws on those lovelies?
- I now know the names of the Skanks on Skates... er, I mean, um, the Skeleton Crew. I broke down and, for a measly two bits, bought a photo of the eleven girls that comprise the ice cleaning and between-period entertainment crew. I have only one question: is it some sort of mandate from the AHL or NHL that if you have such a group of female ice cleaners, that at least one of them must be named "Molly" or "Melissa"?
- I have managed to sneak into the playoffs of my "private" fantasy football league, but am not very optimistic about the possibilities of my success this week. Here's the matchups:
Aldebaran Bulls: QB – Peyton Manning – (Ind – QB); WR – Reggie Brown – (Phi – WR); Patrick Crayton – (Dal – WR); James Jones – (GB – WR); RB – Marion Barber – (Dal – RB); Edgerrin James – (Ari – RB); TE – Chris Cooley – (Was – TE); K – Nick Folk – (Dal – K); DEF – New York – (NYG – DEF). [6th in league, 956 points]
Fightin' Okra: QB – Kurt Warner – (Ari – QB); WR – Hines Ward – (Pit – WR); Plaxico Burress – (NYG – WR); Kevin Walter – (Hou – WR); RB – LaDainian Tomlinson – (SD – RB); Julius Jones – (Dal – RB); TE – Alge Crumpler – (Atl – TE); K – Mason Crosby – (GB – K); DEF – Seattle – (Sea – DEF). [3rd in league, 939 points]
- My other two teams are done. I will not be defending my Packer-fans NFL Fantasy League title this year.
- There are times I am glad I don't know all the "hip" references. I've heard about this 2 Girls 1 Cup video "occurence" from, of all things, a web comic (Times Like This by Tom Overbeck). I have no intention of actually watching the video, and am somewhat disillusioned that a small cottage industry has popped up from showing "reaction videos" from this thing on YouTube.
- Speaking of Mr. Overbeck - yes, I do think it would be classified as masturbation. But I don't want to make a time travel machine to find out.