The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I'd planned on this being a "Wanderings In The Desert" blog, but plans changed.
- My dad is doing better after a second surgery to remove a growth on his kidney. It was a benign tumor that they found incidentally when they were doing surgery on his bowels for a blockage. He's actually managed to pass some more solid stuff, so that means the works are actually starting back up. Now to get him on to liquids, then solid stuff, then out the door.
- I would like to talk to the guy who does VMS times for the Milwaukee Area Freeway system. Nine minutes on I-894/43 from about 76th Street to Ryan Road on I-94 - when there's construction at the 20th Street overpass that is blocking one lane right before the Airport Interchange. I had to get off at Loomis Road to bypass the construction. Yeah, right, nine minutes.
- Guilty pleasure: Jalapeño Corn Bread rolls. Had them a couple of times over the last few days at St. Mary's (pardon me: All-Saints Medical Center Spring Street Campus) cafeteria, and they were yummy. My stomach, though, probably isn't liking the OD in OC.
- If the Rockies can beat Josh Beckett tonight in Boston, watch out. Though it's not likely they will do it (Beckett is 4-1 lifetime with a one-something ERA vs. the Rox), they could surprise people - especially since that one loss was just this year, and handed Beckett his first loss of the year.
- I'm having bye-week nightmares in my Yahoo Public Fantasy Football League. Of course, my team is a nightmare, as I'm obviously playing for the first pick in the entry draft for 2008...
- It felt really good to do some walking today at my dad's condos. The brisk fall air made for some interesting times for my nose (and the roads are a bit uneven), but it wasn't too bad of a day. I need to find someplace around here where I can do some walking so I don't get out of it from this week - and I have overindulged this week.