The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Dad

Any of you who are wondering why my posting has been erratic as of late, here's the reason:

My dad went into the hospital on Monday the 15th (three days after his 67th birthday) for a blockage in his intestinal tract. He was throwing up over the weekend, and they couldn't figure out why.

As I type this, he is in surgery at All Saints Medical in Racine (the hospital formerly known as Saint Mary's). I have no idea what is going on, since they won't tell me what's happening over the phone. Guess what that means - yep, road trip time.

We were scheduled to fly to Arizona next week Tuesday to his trailer in Mesa; I'm not 100% convinced that we will be doing that now.

This is a difficult time for me, obviously. My father and I are the only ones left from my family, considering my mother died many years ago and I was an only child. Keep him and us in your prayers.