The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Friday, June 06, 2008

Picture Time

First of all: I have always had, as a personal dream of mine, the desire to own a 1968 AMC Javelin. The reason is rather silly - the Javelin was produced in Kenosha at about the same time I was in the fall of 1967.

So, when I finally found one on eBay, I had to bid on it. Behold, my "new" car:



What, you thought I was buying a working model?

And on a second front: way back in the day, I created a comic character straight out of the 1960's, a beach-bum like guy who I named Johnny Surf (aka Johnathan Surfazio). I had a few notebooks that I drew up of him, and all that. For the life of me, I have no idea where those notebooks are right now. However, since I started using my Intuous tablet with my iBook again, I decided to whip out this little sketch: