The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
- Can't win 'em all, but we also can't take advantage of a Cubs loss, either. That series next week is going to be a huge one for the Crew - probably the biggest series in the franchise's history in the National League. At least, of course, until that one the last weekend of the season...
- There's a yellow smart car in the area, and for the second straight time I've seen it parked at the Kinko's up on Capitol. Those things look smaller in person than they do in pictures.
- Someday, McDonald's has to come up with the idea of making their breakfast menu available 24-7. Or, at least, if they decide to keep the Southern Style Chicken Biscuit sandwiches on the menu permanently, provide those 24-7.
- The drama is set to unfold tomorrow: will he or won't he? There's no word that Brett has filed the necessary reinstatement papers to the league offices, so as of this moment, he's still retired. Things could change very quickly, though.
- Milky Way Midnight Dark candy bars will be the death of me, I'm certain.
- Oh, gee, 4chan is experiencing "technical problems" from an apparent DDoS attack? Stunning.