The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Steelers start out deep in their own territory...
- Ward falls down in the backfield.
- Four to the left? And they throw right? Sheesh. And a hanky. Facemask, and there goes the "pin 'em back" idea.
- Ward gets the little flare for the first. *Sigh* Steelers have it at midfield.
- Roethlisberger avoids the sack - AND THEY GET A ROUGHING THE PASSER PENALTY! THAT is going to be the drive-changer.
- Short gain.
- Holmes gets the first. Why aren't the Cards trying for the strip?
- "Cards don't have a defensive answer for that." - Understatement of the game, Mr. Madden.
- Oh boy... first and goal. Sorry, but the Steelers get six here and we're talking game over.
- Good pass to Miller - but he drops it.
- Gee, we gonna call ANOTHER Roughing the Passer? Oh, gee, they'd never call intentional grounding.
- Reed for the 27 yard attempt - and it's good. Uh oh - more laundry. Personal foul? Automatic first. There goes the game, kids.
- Not a matter of if, but who'll put it in. They stop Parker on first.
- OH! Almost intercepted! Knocked down, and that could have been a 90-yard pick-six.
- And they DIDN'T fall for that one. Ben gets back to the line, nothing more.
- Reed for a chip shot at 21 - and he gets it. 20-7 Steelers with 17:11 to go in the game.