The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Time for some updating:
- Yes, I am now all a-Twitter now. I'm not suitably impressed.
- Somehow, I expected that the Predators weren't going to do anything at the trade deadline. Crawling back into the playoff picture this late in the season prevents you from clinching deals you though you'd be able to make weeks ago when you thought you were going to be a "seller" instead of a "buyer". At some point, I'm going to have to go back through the years and see when the trade deadline was each season, and see how the Preds did after the deadline passed. I suspect it's not very well.
- Ever get the feeling that you wanted to do something on your days off, but didn't do because you thought it'd take up too much of your time? Well, that's why I haven't been to the newest Sonic Drive-In yet. I saw how they were opening day, and reports indicate that the place is still ultra busy. Amazing for a drive-in that has carhops.
- Working on my wife's side of the family on Ancestry can be frustrating at times. Her mom's dad was essentially orphaned at a young age, which makes research into his mom's family very difficult. And the search engine at Ancestry can be overly well meaning, like Google with a conscience. "No, my grandfather did NOT live in Wausau, thank you."
- Baseball Card update: I'm at 264 base cards and 309 total cards for Series 1 of Topps' latest baseball release. Also, I pulled an interesting card in my latest purchase from WSC: an Artist Drawing Card (1/1). Not quite sure what it's going to be, though it says I'll get it by mid-June.