The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Half a quarter to go, and the Steelers have it at their own 24 on the runback.
- Parker for a few.
- Ben's buried at the 18. Dockett sacks Roethlisberger. Are the Cards wearing the Steelers out?
- 3rd and long - time for a penalty here, I'd guess. (/fatalism)
- All the time in the world, 10 yard gain - but no first. Punting time. Cards are going to get the ball back one more time.
- Punt dies at the Cards 25. 75 yards to get back into this game.
- Things are looking bad. Gotta get the touch here.
- Boldin for 11 and out of bounds - and a unsportsmanlike (probably on the Cards, way things have gone.) Wow, it's on the Steelers! Another 10 tacked on. First penalty for the Steelers in the second half.
- Arrington up the middle. No huddle, four wide.
- And Breaston on a cut over the middle for 22. "Prevent Defenses just 'prevent' the win," isn't that the saying?
- Of course, they have to call the Cards for another penalty. What is that now, 104 yards?
- Warner nearly has it picked off on pass to Boldin. That would have been bad.
- Incomplete, third and 20. Don't make it here, you have to go for it with under 3 and a half to go.
- Hit while throwing and incomplete. Kick? Field Goal? Nope, punt.
- Dropped on the one - but an penalty AGAIN. Unnecessary roughness - and the Steelers are pinned at the half-yard line. Harrison - there was NO NEED to throw that punch.
- Incomplete pass as Roethlisberger is rushed in the end zone. 2nd and all of Raymond James in front of them.
- STOPPED... Okay, entire ball has to be in the end zone for the safety. I'm not sure... Whisenhunt? Arizona Time out... are they going to look at it and challenge?
- Third and long.... And HOLMES CATCHES IT FOR THE FIRST. Good night Irene.
- Oh wait - HOLDING in the End zone for a SAFETY!