The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
- The only reason why I want to see UNC lose to the Sooners this evening is becaue I want to see the Sports Fan In Chief (Mr. BHO) have his brackets busted.
- The Admirals are playing like they don't want to win the AHL Western Division. They have lost four straight going into their game this evening with the Woofies, and only have one point to show for it. All it'll take is one win by them, or one loss by the Aeros, to clinch the division. I'm almost doubtful they'll actually manage to get the one win.
- They were predicting anywhere from a few inches to a foot of snow yesterday. We got the four inches, not the foot. Sometimes I swear the guys over at Sullivan get overly gunshy when it comes to predicting big storms.
- Speaking of Sullivan: big win yesterday for the Preds, but it's going to be tough sledding at the Joe this afternoon. And you have to think that Ellis is going to be in net, because Rinne has been playing for the last three months now (or so it seems, anyways).
- We got back late from the shootout loss against the Chops last night, and with my kitten waking me up at 4 in the morning because she wanted daddy to feed her (which, it turns out, she didn't need because her food bowl was full), and because I didn't bother to set the alarm... I was a heathen and didn't go to church this weekend. (shock) I think it's the first time we've skipped for several months now. I think I need to fire up iTunes and listen to the podcast.
- The Brewers aren't exactly inspiring anyone as they limp into the regular season next week. Yes, the squad is 16-9 going into the last week of play in Arizona, but eight of our opponents in the Cactus league aren't exactly world-beaters. And McClug, Gallardo, Suppan, Parra and Villanueva have given up ungodly amounts of runs this spring. Dave Bush is the only starter who's got a sub-3 ERA, and Suppan is the only other one with a sub-4 ERA.
- There are times I wonder about why I eat so much on my days off. And why I eat so freakin' much on days when it's snowy and cold. I think the cold part is a hibernation reflex; the days-off thing is probably just being lazy and not paying attention to my food intake.