The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Annoyance of the Day

Computer annoyance of the day (too big for Twitter or Facebook): I have been trying to print out a simple set of directions using Streets & Trips 2006. Only one small problem: Every time I've printed them out, the print is backwards and upside down. The map itself is okay; it's the words and writing that are messed up.

Now, there's a Knowledge Base article on support.microsoft.com that covers this issue. I've read it before, and I believe it's got something to do with bi-directional printing or some ridiculously simple thing.

There's just one problem: it no longer exists. See, apparently Microsoft doesn't keep issues to products that have been replaced by three new versions (2007, 2008 and 2009) around on their website. So, I'm stuck with printouts that are readable if I hold them upside down and backwards - but not if I'm just reading them.

What's strange is, I can print the maps to PDF, and the text comes out OK. The Maps look bad, though.