The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Big Stories

I had a whole blog post put together on my opinion on something that happened Saturday night, but a lot of things have happened since then to push them to the back burner.

First of all - I fully expect the city/county of Waukesha to get the Highway 164/59 Waukesha Bypass renamed to the Les Paul Memorial Parkway within a short time. My greatest regret is that I never got a chance to meet the man since moving to Waukesha in '93.

Secondly - I have no qualms about the Eagles deciding to sign Mike Vick. Better them to get steamrolled by PETA and the other nut-groups that are going to protest his every move. And I still am not convinced he's going to be anything more than an "anomaly" in the history of the NFL, anyways.

Third - What the heck is up with the Admirals and their weird schedule to start the season? Six straight road games, then six out of seven at home, then another eight straight on the road?

Fourth - When in the world are the Predators going to get their message boards back up and running so I don't have to go crazy blogging and Tweeting?