The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Seems like as good a time as any. Besides, 140 characters at a time was getting so confining...
- This is NOT how we wanted to go into the All-Star Break. Three wins in our last 10, and two and a half games behind the Redbirds. Someone tell Doug Melvin that Ryan Braun was right.
- Safety tip for the month: if you own a convertible, and you plan on putting the top down during the summer - WEAR SUNSCREEN.
- When you are going to any sort of sporting event where you have no rooting interest in either team, it is much, MUCH more enjoyable when the home team is not getting their butts kicked. West Michigan whipped up on the Beloit Snappers today, 11-3, thanks to an awful-beyond-words 10-run third inning. That inning sapped any joy I might have gotten from watching a baseball game live for the first time this year right out of me. And the Paul Molitor bobblehead wasn't all that, either.
- Candi - Heh, gotta love Menjou's new girlfriend, Coconut. When the Squirrel Mafia is out to get you, it's always good to have a girlfriend who has lasers for eyes.
- The Dreamland Chronicles - This is getting good. Daniel, the only one who's never dreamt in his life, is going to be the one to suddenly show up in Dreamland, perhaps?
- Girls With Slingshots - A Groom with cold feet (and a bandanna hiding a bald head)? This could be real interesting.
- Girl Genius - I said it in the Yahoo Group, and I'll say it here without fear of spoilering: I think we now know how Klaus Barry Heterodyne was killed: SOMEbody was holding the new Seneschal hostage.
- Times Like This - After that long little storyline about Cassie's "Hook-up" (pun intentional), a couple of music-themed one-shots aren't too bad. My only question about the strip today (7/13) is, why teach Peter, Paul and Mary a song by Jon Anderson of Yes?
- xkcd - That's funny, that's exactly what happens when I click his "random comic" link... And I completely agree that Cracked.com is way too funny at times, too. (Then again, I preferred Cracked over Mad magazine when I was kid.)
- Wapsi Square - Monica's getting tossed around by Doubt (literally). There are times when I want this whole Calendar Machine storyline to end, but part of me can't wait to find out what Pablo (aka Paul Taylor) throws into the works next.