The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
- Scariest Moment In The World: You're about to pay for dinner with your debit card, and you suddenly realize you don't have it. Thankfully, with a quick search of my online banking (and a frenzied, panic search of every pair of jeans or shorts I'd worn in the last 24 hours) I discovered I'd left it at a restaurant that was (fortunately) open 24 hours. They had it in their register; when I'd stopped in to get the fish fry the previous night, I apparently forgot it there or the waitress didn't hand it back to me with my receipt. WHEW!
- I'm starting to get tired of Interleague play. Are the Twins that much better than we are, or are we just not as good as we think we are here in Milwaukee?
- The Canes can start planning their tee times for next week. Oh my goodness, Evgeni Malkin is playing like a man possessed. If the Pens actually manage to keep the Wings close, how he can't get consideration for the Connie is beyond me.
- Part of me wants to see Providence win tomorrow over the Hershey Bears, just so that series can be extended out beyond the Western Conference finals.
- I'm thinking Helio wins Indy tomorrow, and Danica posts another DNF when she tries to pull into her pit - and plows into the car in the pit in front of her. This time, though, she doesn't get restrained when she pops out of the car and goes for the other driver. (Okay, maybe not on that last thing.)
- Enough of all the Gosselin Clan hatred, already!