The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
More randomizing in my brain:
- I've seen the Paris Hilton Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for those of you out west) ad online. I'm not impressed. Then again, I've never quite understood why people are fond of this lady. And her "sex tape" wasn't that impressive, either.
- The talk is still that the "other" Paris is the front-runner for the 2012 Olympics, with London a close second. New York is considered a long-shot without the stadium deal. I've heard the reasons why New York wouldn't be a good choice - but I'm still not sure it'd be a good idea to put the games in Paris.
- The ball just doesn't carry well at Petco Field. This much we've discovered in this series against the Pads. But you put a lot of extra base hits together, and you can do a lot of damage.
- I have checked out the Danica Patrick photos from FHM. She is definitely babe-age. And a brunette.
- NHL CBA watch: the reports of a deal coming down immediately are apparently greatly exaggerated. They're close, by all accounts, but there are pieces that could be contentious. This could be done tomorrow, or a week from now. I'm thinking more a week from now, though that June 15 date could be something to remember.
- Note to Rudy G: stick to politics. The "International Hockey Association" wouldn't work. Especially if you decide not to put a team Nashville.