The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005
I guess my prediction of a CBA by Canada Day (July 1) is out. However, I will make the following predictions:
- The NHL will be back and in full force by Labor Day weekend.
- There will be a lot of "Wow!" and jaw-dropping when everyone gets a hold of the CBA.
- There will be mass chaos when it comes to free agency, but in the end, every player will go where they want to go, which won't be a bad thing.
- Every hockey fan will dislike one or two of the rule changes the league will make, but they'll all eventually grow on us. (Like fungus, of course.)
- There will be 29 very unhappy teams when the winner of the Sidney Crosby Derby (aka the NHL Draft Lottery) is announced. Somewhere in the first round, however, is probably some kid who'll win more Stanley Cups than Sidney.
- The Nashville Predators will make the playoff in 2006. (Lots of room on the bandwagon, folks...)