The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Friday, July 01, 2005
Still no news from the Great White North... they're pausing for a holiday weekend.
- Why do I have a fear that Andrew Bogut over Marvin Williams could be the 2005 version of Sam Bouie over Michael Jordan?
- We have a new member to the Milwaukee Admirals ownership group: None other than Big Ben Sheets. Gives new meaning to "pitching hockey", doesn't it?
- The other tidbit from Admirals-land (other than the sale to Harris Turer was completed today): the Admirals will be honoring their former owner by renaming the rink after Jane Bradley-Pettit. It's an interesting concept how they're going to do it (see here): putting her name on the faceoff circle. Appropriate, IMNSHO.
- No Little E, no JeffyWeffy, no Jarrett, no Rusty, no Mark Martin in the top 10 of the NNC series. The guard is truly changing.
- Back at the beginning of the season, I made a tongue-in-cheek reply to a former Expos supporter on Fanhome about his poor prognosis for the now-Washington Nationals this season. I asked rhetorically, "what are you going to do when the Nats are in first place in the East on July 4th, Castilla has 30 homers and Livan Hernandez is 10-0, and Jose Guillen is leading the NL in batting?" OK, I was close on only two out of the other three, but it's looking damn certain about that first one...