The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Valor and Championships Lost

There are times when it's tough to be courteous.

I've managed to get to the championship game of my NFL Fantasy Football League, known as the Packer Green And Gold League, and I was checking the results from the Saturday night game.

That was when I noticed that his starting wide receiver, Antonio Bryant, had been suspended on Friday by the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy. I pondered whether or not I should do anything, since his placement in the lineup gave me a distinct lead in projected points.

I decided that I didn't want to lose the championship because of a mistake by the other owner, and dropped him a message via the league message board about the suspension. He promptly started Isaac Bruce.

We each have one player going on Monday night (he has Julius Jones of the Cowboys, I have Bryant Westbrook of the Eagles). He has a seven-point lead, which isn't insurmountable - one touchdown more and a few yards. Bruce gave him 20 points - which wiped out a bad game by Anaquan Boldin of the Cardinals for me (6 points).

If I don't pull it out, I'll chalk it up to good sportsmanship. But I definitely won't forget how it happened.