The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Some things not to get excited about with the Brew Crew:
- Seven out of the last ten seasons, the Brewers have performed worse after July 1st than they did prior to then. The three times they improved, they only did so by no better than three games over their July 1st record.
- Four of the seven times they played worse after the first half, they did so by six or more games. In 2004, they dropped by 11 games.
- The Crew has a .465 winning percentage (through Thursday's game) in September/October regular season games.
- 21 times out of the 38 seasons the Crew has called Milwaukee home, they have played sub-.500 ball after August 31st.
- Five of those sub-.500 years happened within the last seven seasons (2005 and 2007 were the only two times they finished above .500, both in September and on the season).
- Though the Brewers posted the third best April-August record in franchise history this year (behind 1979 and 1982), they are currently on a pace to post the third worst September/October record in franchise history (ahead of 1976 and 1995).
- Though the Crew is 23-17 this season against their four remaining opponents, they are 168-180 (through last season) vs. their opponents at the locations they are scheduled to face them (CB Park, Wrigley, GABP, and Miller Park).
Labels: Milwaukee Brewers