The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, April 05, 2009
More stuff from the disgruntled Sports Fan:
- The Admirals finally managed to clinch the AHL Western Division title last Sunday after a week and a half of unmitigated Fail (four straight losses, three in regulation, and five in six straight games). The team celebrated by sending their top two scorers to Nashville for essentially the rest of their season, due to injuries to the Preds' top guns (Erat and Legwand).
- I got my wife into Facebook last week, and she dove into it like a mad woman. She loves the "View Profile Photos" sections, so that's practically all she did last week Saturday. Fortunately, she doesn't like sitting in front of the computer too long, or she might still be there on her laptop.
- Color me unimpressed by IE8. First of all, I don't care for the Yahoo toolbar; second, I don't like that you have to dig into RegEdit to change the "Windows Internet Explorer by Yahoo" line on the windows.
- Oh, yeah, it's opening day tonight, isn't it? Braves at CBP to watch the Phillies lift only their second-ever World Championship banner. Yay. Brewers don't open until Tuesday afternoon in San Fran.
- Speaking of the Brew Crew - not too many people think they're going to be back in the post-season in 2009. As things are right now, I'd have to agree with them. The only thing that would make me feel better about things this year would be a solid start by Yovanni and Looper, and the Cubs having a horrendous April.
- I'm off to my last regular-season Admirals game tonight in a bit. Time to add Fred Berry to my bobblehead collection, right next to Danny Lecours. Not going into tonight's game with high expectations, since it's only meaningful to the Wolves (they HAVE to win or they're done).