The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
- Wanted: offense. Please apply at 501 Broadway, Nashville TN. Must know how to skate.
- Both of LA's teams and the Yankees have won their series; Phillies and Rockies are tied at one game apiece in their series (with snow in the forecast - move it to Miller Park!).
- Twins should have won at least one of the games in their LDS. That non-call on the fair ball was a series-changer at Yankee Stadium III. Methinks Bud needs to confab about mistaken fair-foul issues being challengeable by replay.
- My fantasy football league teams are struggling. I'm 2-2 in all three leagues (NFL.com, Yahoo Public and my NQRFPTFL Yahoo league), and I'm struggling this week in two of the leagues.
- I never did get why idiots would want to run out onto the field of play, either after a game or especially during one. It's so much a "look at me, ha ha! I'm dumb!" move that it's an embarrassment. I don't think anyone's going to remember that on the last day of baseball at the Met.
- By the way: I do regret never seeing a baseball game at the HHH Metrodome. I think the main reason why I never had a desire to do so is that the Twins were the "enemy" for so many seasons that I really had no desire to enter the opponent's den.