The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Friday, October 01, 2004
- Well, well, MLB finally decided to move the Expos to Washington. Now comes the "can they possibly destroy this deal before it happens?" phase of the game.
- Wow - it actually looks like the AL East won't be New York-Boston-Toronto-Baltimore-Tampa this year. Instead, it'll be New York-Boston-Baltimore-Tampa-Toronto. Big changes. I'm proud. Really.
- The American League West playoff race appears to be sponsored by World Wrestling Entertainment. When's Jesse "The Body" Ventura going to step in and call a few games?
- As soon as someone explains to me the NL Wild Card scenario, I'll try following it.
- Signs of the apocalypse: Jordin Tootoo wearing a Milwaukee Admirals jersey.
- The WHA is all but dead. When one of your big-money guys, Rick Munro, pulls out when it looks like you won't even get six teams iced, you know you're in serious trouble.
- Welcome back, Anthony. Just remember, run around the orange and blue blurs this week, and make sure the eye-shield on your helmet doesn't come loose.
- Five more shopping days, kids.