The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Monday, September 13, 2004
A few things for a Monday Morning:
- Is it just me, or is Howard Baldwin trying to bring the Mighty Ducks to Kansas City?
- I am currently reading Unfit For Command by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi. It's an interesting read, and it makes me more convinced that we should not be electing a seditious SOB like Kerry to the highest post in the land.
- This is the week that those of us in the world of hockey have been dreading for about three years now. The Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL and the NHLPA expires Wednesday night at 11:00 PM CT. It is highly unlikely, at this point, that the league is going to allow training camps to remaing open if a new agreement - and one that has a hard salary cap - is not in place. Which means that there won't be any hockey for quite some time.
- Can we in Milwaukee do better than Bill Stewart? Isn't there someone in the three-state area that is interested in buying a minor-league hockey team?
- On the other ownership front, it looks like the Brewers have a choice between a telecom financier, an online loan specialist (who happened to have a large stake in a sporting goods firm), and a beer distributor from Northern Illinois. There's some comedian somewhere that's trying to come up with a good joke out of that one.