The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Streaks and Series

You do realize that in the next 24 hours, the baseball season may officially come to an end in the city of Houston? I can just see Garner now, trying to figure out how he can make some silly move to try and steal a run the way he did in the ninth last night. The more things change...

Anyways, I haven't been blogging much because I've been a bit busy over at the Preds message boards, righting wrongs, wronging rights and generally getting my post count back towards where it should be.

I am also still in mourning over the sudden loss of Kyle Schultz over the weekend. I still haven't heard anything, but from the sounds of it, he had some sort of cardiac or stroke-like episode on his way home from a pickup game, and his car crashed because he was dead behind the wheel. My heart goes out to his wife and kids; here he finally was doing what he had always dreamed of doing, and now he's gone. Call 'em from up there, buddy.