The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, November 13, 2005
- First of all, let's get the alma mater stuff out of the way: GO PARK! BEAT WIS. RAPIDS! And let's not forget the mighty Warhawks from UW-W... Division III playoffs straight ahead.
- Oh, sure, pull out an upset of the Falcons today, Brett. Give everyone in the Cheesehead Nation a false sense of hope.
- The Saturday night after a payday is never the night to work third shift at EAS. Once again we had a slam-fest on Sunday morning (translation: a slew of call-ins with little to no numbers on the overtime sign-up sheets), and once again we had orders galore. When you consider our third shift staff roster is already small by design, it makes for some long nights.
- I'm really looking hard into the world of XM Satellite Radio. I've been toying with the idea of getting a MyFi portable XM radio, and taking the thing with to AZ on the long drive.
- Preds are up to 11 wins on the season, and they're not even at game 16. It'd only be better if we had Scott Walker out there, and Paulie Kariya had a few more goals than he does. I'll settle for W's, though.