The View From Wisconsin
Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.
Sunday, November 06, 2005
Don't mind me, I'm suffering from PPDDS.
- Ah, reality strikes the Badger Nation in Unhappy Valley. So much for that Big Ten championship we wanted to send Barry out with. I guess when you have a suspect defense, you can't score enough points to make up for it.
- Now that the rest of the sports world is done laughing at us over the Great Cell Phone Incident, maybe the Packers should start to consider whether or not it's "cut bait" time. And put me in the group that says if Brett doesn't want to come back if Sherman isn't around next year, let him. The biggeest problem with this franchise has always been that they are too slow to make changes to remain competitive in the NFL. Shake things up, get different people in there, and get going.
- Dear Mr. Attanasio (Re: Yount hiring): that's one big thing you can check off your "to-do" list. Love, Brewer fans.
- The Bucks beat the Shaq-less Heat to go to 3-0 on the season. I'd be more impressed if they would have beaten them with Shaq. Either way, I won't care until they're deep in the playoffs.
- The daylight savings changeover has played hell with my sleep patterns again. The little 17-hour OT jaunt last weekend didn't help, either. Now I can't seem to sleep more than three hours at a time, even after taking something.
- My two alma maters had a good weekend in football. UW-W clinched the WIAC title, and a Division III playoff berth, with their ninth straight win. The 32-10 defeat of UW-Stout leaves them ranked number 2 in the nation in Division III, behind the Linfield Wildcats. Meanwhile, the Racine Park Panthers managed to overcome a "wardrobe malfunction" to beat Mukwonago, 24-8. The Panthers will face either Homestead or Menomonee Falls, depending on how the suspended game goes tonight (Homestead was leading 6-0 at the half until thunderstorms stopped the rest of the game).
- My dad had another hospital visit, this time for his doc to "manipulate" his knee so it would bend at 120- degrees. He has been having issues bending the knee more than a few degrees from straight since his surgery. He's not liking still being up here in Wisconsin at this time of year, but we're still go for driving down to AZ at the end of the month.
- I'm guessing that our Mr. Sims is the temporary announcer-pro-tem for the Admirals. I'm not sold on the combo of him and Troy Ward in the booth, and I'm still having issues with WMCS (I still can't figure out why I'm getting a Peoria station AND a Sparta station over WMCS at night).