The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back on the Ice Again

Well, hockey's back and better than ever.

Versus' first game with the Canes and Buffaslugs (those jerseys make me look twice - I thought I was watching a Preds game there for a second) was a quality production. They still have the Blinking Screen of Annoyance (BSoA) going on there at the end, but on the whole the channel has a more "sporty" feel to it - definitely a great transition for the old OLN-TV.

Tonight's the big night in the 'Ville, of course, and Saturday is game one for us in the AHL. I guess, hearing Andrews talk this afternoon, that it's all but certain that Windsor will have an AHL franchise in '08-09. I find that somewhat funny, since that is where the IHL was born.