The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

The Wii Masters

In attempts at trying to get more "in shape", I'm picking up Wii Sports again. And, in honor of the Masters golf tournament that's going on this weekend, I'm going to play the Wii Sports Nine-hole golf course as a tournament.

Here's the basics:
  1. One "round" is two nine-hole games on the full course. I play them in the order they are presented in Wii Golf.
  2. The course is a par-4 course, rated at 5,540 yards for 18 holes. In case you've forgotten, there is another post in my blog about the course and my take on each hole.
  3. I note my rating before and after each nine-hole "segment". As I started the first round, I was rated at 1,168, or Pro level.
  4. To play in the fourth and final round, I need to at least have a score of par or better for the tournament, or be at a rating of 1,210 or better.
  5. I'll post my scores here on a daily basis, from now through Saturday.
Round One





OUT: 4 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 6 -- 36 (Even; 1,184)
IN : 4 - 2 - 5 - 2 - 6 - 4 - 4 - 3 - 11* -- 40 (+4, 1,168)
TOTAL: 76; +4

Best hole of the day: Probably the Eagle on the par-five third hole (Cliffside Woods). There was enough wind where my second shot carried enough to get to the lip of the green. I holed in with a nice putt.
Worst hole of the day: Gee, I wonder which one I had the most trouble with (Hint: Island Woods). Two drops and nightmare winds on the 18th, and I posted a godawful 11. I have this mental block about that hole, for some reason. Anyone out there who could give some tips on attacking it would be appreciated; I can never seem to get to the green in regulation.

Gotta work on my approach shots, that's a definite.