The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Last Time

This is more than likely the last time I'm ever going to do any web-surfing on my old Gateway, as the next time I turn it on will be to wipe it.

I've had this thing since November of 2002 - way back when Gateway still had "stores" that they sold their "custom made computers" from. That store is now a mini-mall with a Starbucks.

Not a bad transition for a place that used to be a car dealership; in fact, when you went into the old Gateway store, you could tell it was an old car dealership by the front lobby. The door was big enough to drive a car through.

Anyways... this thing has served me well, but it's proven to be way too buggy for my liking. Part of me suspects that the Sasser worm may have snuck on to the machine without me knowing/realizing, but I can't verify that because Norton says everything's okay. (shrug)

Leroy "Satchel" Paige always had that quote: "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you."

That may very well be the case with this old 300S.