The View From Wisconsin

Just a random set of rants from a Sports Fan from Wisconsin.

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Wii Golf Masters - Round 2 update

I don't think I'm cut out for tournament play just yet.
The Island Woods hole (Wii Golf hole #9/18) bit me in the posterior big time today.
There was a wicked 20 mph crosswind, and every time I tried to get the ball onto the island with the green - it sailed either just short of the island or too far.
I ended up having to "give up" the hole (10 over par, or a horrendous 15) for a round of 45. Unfortunately, that would get me DQ'ed from most tournaments, so this ends the Masters for me.
Sigh.

Scorecard:
OUT: 3 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 15 -- 45 (121, +13, DQ)

Best shot of the day: Tie between my agressive move on the 7th (Dogleg Woods) to use the wind to hit the green directly - which I did; or the chip-in putt on the 8th (Snake Point) from the edge of the green.
Worst Hole of the Day: If you have to ask, you weren't paying attention.

(Posted via Wii Internet Channel; didn't even want to bother turning on my computer.)